Hello reader, my name is Ellie and welcome to my new blog. I am very excited right now to be writing my first ever blog post. I have always loved to write -especially about things I am passionate about. After being inspired by various bloggers, I had the idea that it would be a fun project to start my own! Thus, Energised Ellie was born. Here I will most likely write about my passions: happy and healthy living – mind and physical, running, vegan food, science, studying, psychology, hobbies, fiction, travelling, nature, dealing with anxiety and stress and my various adventures and experiences but I reckon that the longer I blog, the more variety I will be able to publish. After debating on how to introduce myself and the blog in general, I thought that the best way would be to tell you a few facts about myself so that you can get to know me. So, here they are, 25 facts about me:
- My full name is Eleanor, I am thirteen and my birthday is 9th September. I came up with the blog name “Energised Ellie” because I like to think I am very active and energetic and I hope that this blog can encourage people to be energised in all aspects of life: physically and mentally.
- I love sports – particularly netball, tennis (even though I am notoriously awful at it) cycling, gymnastics (I was a gymnast for six years before quitting in favour of running), trampolining but my favourite sport is running (long/middle distance, track and cross country).
- I started running with no running experience in June 2015 and gradually became more serious and improved to get where I am now. It is frankly the best decision I have ever made.I now attend a local running club once a week.
- I am a vegan as of May 2016 and I have never ever regretted it.
- I love discovering interesting facts and I am fascinated by anything to do with psychology, nature, science and travelling.
- I attend a girls private school and am currently going into Year 9.
- My favourite school subjects are Maths, Latin, History, Chemistry, Biology, Geography and English…well to be fair I like nearly all subjects (except music and art due to my poor ability and distaste to being bad at things).
- My favourite colour changes very frequently, for example, it was green a few days ago but now it is light pink.
- I’m not sure how tall I am but it’s below 5ft (yes, I’m tiny).
- I love to read and my favourite book at the moment is A Tale Of Two Cities but I have read many other great books which are close contenders.
- I hope to start yoga and hope to improve my flexibility and peacefulness – as my flexibility from gymnastics has expired and I seem to find it impossible to be peaceful in the slightest.
- My favourite foods are pasta, avocado, porridge, tomatoes and cereal (with almond milk obviously).
- I live in London with my mum, dad, younger brother Sam
- We have two pets: Sam’s gecko Yertyl/ Yurtle/ Yertel (I’m not really sure how we spell it) and our wonderful cocker spaniel Ember (AKA my favourite creature in the world)
- I started this blog on the first day of the summer holidays mainly due to boredom.
- My favourite films are Legally Blonde, Clueless and Ice Age 2.
- I love all animals – particularly dogs and particularly my dog.
- I have no clue what I want to do for a job when I am older but I am considering doing something to do with sports science, medicine, psychiatry/ psychology or law.
- I am a massive and hugely competitive perfectionist.
- I have a strong hatred for mosquitoes, locusts, wasps and spiders. My biggest fears include finding any of the above in my bed and needles.
- I have huge travel goals and plan to visit many exciting countries but I dream to visit Japan and USA (particularly New York, San Francisco, LA, Texas and Florida but I would happily explore the whole thing).
- I am one of those rare people who actually really enjoy studying. I think it has something to do with my love of organisation and adoration of beautiful looking study notes. This also links into one of my favourite hobbies of planner decorating.
- I love the summer but my favourite celebration is definitely Christmas. I literally look forward to it all year long. Anything Christmas themed gets comically excited – even if I find it in the middle of August.
- I struggle with anxiety and often stress due to my perfectionism but I am trying to get and hope to decrease my amount of worrying and increase my relaxation. I will make sure to write about this in my blog to help give people advice.
- I am writing this blog for fun but I hope that it will someday help people out and give them pleasure to read.
Anyway, those are a few facts about me. Hopefully you now have a better idea who am I and what my blog will be about. I hope that this post will be the start of great things to come. Please contact me and leave any comments you have- I would really appreciate it as I am new to the blogger world and would really appreciate some useful feedback. Thank you for reading,